Thursday, November 19, 2009

3 dAY WaLK

The following is PROOF that I did participate in this years Susan G. Komen 3 Day Breast Cancer walk. ( I did not just go shopping:)
Abby and I chose to CREW this year instead of walk, due to our horrible fundraising skills. CREW just mean we helped run camp. We packed lunches, handed out buttons, sat in a info tent, and cheered on the walkers until we bruised our hands! We woke up CRAZY early in the mornings and stayed up way past our bedtimes!We partied like crazy and danced non-stop. Best of all we had no kids for days.

We met some amazing people and heard some inspiring stories. This was a remarkable experience that I would love to do for years to come! Next year San Diego, rumor has it you sleep on the beach. SOLD!

P.S. Greatest lesson learned ... Abby and I have ZERO dancing skills and will need serious help before next year!!!

Yes! This is me in a tent with a sleeping bag. I'm officially a "camper"

It was a sea of PINK tents

This was opening ceremonies. They walked all 60 miles carrying these flags. Impressive!


We passed out some serious amounts of BUTTONS!



NO SLEEP and living off CRAZY!

3 comments:

Abby said...

You posted! I never thought it would happen. I wouldn't want to be so busy crewing with anyone else.

Brittany said...

cute maddie! you are gorgeous! yeah you are a camper--in a pink tent! i don't know if you can ever sleep in an ugly green one now... :)

Dyalfamily said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun I am going to do the 5K next year here in Lubbock!